Shrimp and Mussel Curry
- 1 cup minced shallots
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 t curry powder
- 1t fenugreek leaves
- 1t Garam Masala
- 1t Ground Paprika
- 1t Ground Turmeric
- 1t Ground coriander
- 1t Grated fresh ginger
- 10 21/25 Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 10 mussels - cleaned and debarred
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
1. In a large saucepan, cook shallots and garlic in simmering wine until translucent.
2. Stir in cream and curry powder and all spices
3. When sauce is heated through, add shrimp and mussels.
4. Cover and steam till mussels and open and shrimp are pink in color.
5. Transfer items to bowl over steamed Jasmine (see Jasmine rice recipe page 2) rice steamed mussels to a bowl, leaving the sauce in the pan.
6. Discard any unopened mussels.
7. Whisk butter into the cream sauce (thicken with cornstarch slurry if needed)
8. Turn heat off, and stir in parsley and green onions. Serve immediately.
9. Garnish with fresh mint leaf